Water Lettuce Production - Already!

 We have begun cleaning the inner lagoon!

We found life on the Lagoon - water lettuce (and I found that it truly tastes like lettuce!).  However, I haven't had the time to really look it up and narrow the genus species of the water plant.  What I do know is that it thrives with high nitrogen levels (like polluted waters).  And it helps clean the waters.  I was afraid we wouldn't find any plant life in the lagoon when I arrived.  We found a few just surviving in the shadows of trash which chokes out almost every inch of the lagoon.  Then I observed proof that plant life existed in the lagoon - then that became confirmation that my mission could succeed in aquaculture.  


So these two young men (Paul Shemede on the right and new business partner Fartok on the lift) and I went further out into the lagoon and brought back a boat load of the plants.  We cleaned out a sunken boat and placed the plants in the boat.  The people clapped when they saw green in a sea of grey pollution around them.  

This is me after helping to clean out the sunken canoe - the people were angry at me for getting in there and helping (there were floaters out there) - but I wanted them to know I was there to serve and not to be served and that their water was important! 

The young men and I found that the plant sells anywhere from 5 dollars to 23 in the US.  So I taught them how to build a website business' and they are now selling the plant while helping to clean the waters around their home.  

There are other small businesses that we could help local Christians set up if you are interested.  Just let me know and we can talk about the possibilities.  


Here is their new business website:

https://sites.google.com/view/water-lettuce/our-story

Here, Fartok presses the "Enter" key to send out his first marketing email to a flower store asking if they would like to buy some of their beautiful water lettuce.  This is probably the first time Fartok has touched a computer - to send his first business email.  Isn't that fun! 



Comments

Post a Comment

Thank You for Commenting

Popular posts from this blog

Phase 1 Completed!

Let's Clean it! Stage One...

Train the New Guy!