Somewhere That's Green


Will you help me bring green to Grey?  Please keep praying for this project.  Green brings fruit and cleaner waters and a sense of hope. Bubba...

I bought these hand woven pots to give the plants a base for roots. 



It has taken me almost 3 weeks to observe the environment and community, assess the biological life for my purposes, acclimate and gather tools!  Today, I am at the sight where I begin building green (nothing political in my usage of the word green - only Biblical!).  Green, by God's economy brings the beauty and life of spring.   

  • build a small (yet expandible) hydroponic system called the Silas Wall to bring a vision of green and economic potential.  I have several designs for the Silas Wall. 2 days
  • Build a cistern - this will be a longer term project because I have to design and build a guttering system to catch the water that the poor can copy. I will likely weave this project in and out of the other projects. 2 weeks?
  •  Organize Water Filter distribution and cooperative for growth.  Filters arrive in the next week.  Finish stella model on the cooperative model for distribution.  2 to 3 weeks.  
  • Expand the small Silas wall into a larger system of Aquaculture for the dry season of growth (Feb. - Apr.).  The system should have two seasons of operation - dry season (brakish Lagoon) and the rest of the year (fresh waters).  My whole time in Makoko.
  • Find Hunsa and Sesi and figure out plan for them.  ?

Aquaculture and Compassion for the Poor (ACP)

If you would like to give financially with a card – go to the following page and find the heading called:

  • ·       Aquaculture and Compassion for the Poor (ACP)

-----------------

If you would like to write a check, write the check to:

  • ·      Cross Connections of KC

  • ·      PO Box 901945, Kansas City MO 64190

  • ·      This is the non profit that takes care of my accounting and gifts - Cross Connections is a NonProfit with the EIN 45-4548192 for your records. They enable small mission projects like the this Makoko Project.   

  • ·      please leave the memo blank and add a posted note with either my name or (ACP)

  • ·      Cross Connect will send you an annual report of giving for your taxis

  • Please pray about forwarding this to others who might be interested in praying for this work…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Phase 1 Completed!

Let's Clean it! Stage One...

Train the New Guy!