The Rise of the Cucumber!


 Can you see the two new baby cucumbers coming up around the tomatoes?  I found the seeds in a dried cucumber hanging on a brick fence next to a busy street in Lagos.  The plant it came from covered about 30 yards of the fence!  I had little hope that the dried cucumber would produce productive seedlings (I had no idea how long it had sat dried on the wall)!  But things are tough in Africa and life wins in the most precarious situations.  


So I taught God! how to plant seed and sure enough, he spotted them before anyone else when they arose from the grave.  Kind of like Peter who discovered divine love still alive on Easter day!  

However, the saga continues...!  Do you remember Rattigan from a previous post?  Those suckers (rats!) came and ate about 50% of our tomatoes (I got the other 50%:), and about 1/4 of the germinated cucumbers.  They somehow know what I love the most!  

So, as promised in an earlier post, I have now actively gone to war with Rattigan and his crewmen - as I knew I would have to at some point.  We laid poison.  

But my terms of war are even more diabolical than that.  At some point, I may trap them and chop them up and dry clean  the bits for high protein feed for hungry fish. I'm always looking for the natural cycles that can benefit food production; the rats eat the poor people's food, we figure out how to eat the rats in a safe and healthy way - to me they are just pesky protein needing a fishy place to move to.

Aquaculture and Compassion for the Poor (ACP)

If you would like to give financially with a card – go to the following page and find the heading called:

  • ·       Aquaculture and Compassion for the Poor (ACP)

-----------------

If you would like to write a check, write the check to:

  • ·      Cross Connections of KC

  • ·      PO Box 901945, Kansas City MO 64190

  • ·      This is the non profit that takes care of my accounting and gifts - Cross Connections is a NonProfit with the EIN 45-4548192 for your records. They enable small mission projects like the this Makoko Project.   

  • ·      please leave the memo blank and add a posted note with either my name or (ACP)

  • ·      Cross Connect will send you an annual report of giving for your taxis

  • Please pray about forwarding this to others who might be interested in praying for this work…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Phase 1 Completed!

Let's Clean it! Stage One...

Train the New Guy!